The Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is gathering pace at an alarming rate. Our thoughts are very much with friends, family, colleagues and customers and wish you all good health and resilience in the coming weeks.
For now we can continue to provide our usual service but with the following enhanced biosecurity measures –
- The vans are equipped with hand sanitisers and disinfectants which we will use before and after each appointment
- We will be wearing gloves
- We will (politely but sadly) decline any refreshments and will be carrying our own sandwiches reducing the need to make any additional stops
- Please abide by the social distancing recommendations; please keep a distance of 3 metres between our team and yourselves at all times
- We would prefer if all payment is made by bank transfer. If payment must be made by cash of cheque we ask that you place them directly into a bag which will be made available to you
The grass is beginning to grow and we have already received a number of calls relating to cases of laminitis. Please take extra care; the sun is bright and the mornings have been frosty. It may be necessary to reduce feed in order to maintain a healthy weight and/or consider the use of a muzzle, particularly if your usual exercise regime is reduced.
We are liaising regularly with our farriery representatives on the Farriers Registration Council and at the British Farriers and Blacksmiths Association. Should the UK have a complete lock down, similar to other countries, it is uncertain what level of service, if any, we will be able to provide. We will endeavour to keep you informed as the situation progresses.
If you have any queries at all please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Nigel and Claire.